Valentine’s Day is the one day each year that’s designated as the day to say “I love you” with both words and gifts. There are many who think of Valentine’s Day as just another commercial opportunity – a day for which florists, candy makers and jewelry stores are very grateful – but I prefer to think of Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to tell the people I love just how much I love them.
When we think of Valentine’s Day we picture 3 things… candy, flowers and jewelry… because those are the traditional gifts associated with this special day. But knowing which one to buy each of the special people in your life can sometimes be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you choose the right gift for each person on your gift list.
It’s expected that there will be more than $1,590,000 spent on heart-shaped boxes of candy for Valentine’s Day this year. There will likely be over 36 million total boxes of candy sold. But candy isn’t a good gift for
Taking just a glance at her can identify the essence of a woman. The way her clothes sit, how her hair lays, and very commonly, the jewelry that decorates her. Whether these ornaments have been passed down through generations, or revealed in box over a candlelit dinner, more vital than financial significance, is the emotional value that they hold.
With a piece of jewelry so important to the heart, why house it anywhere other than the finest women’s jewelry boxes. There is nothing worse than coming back to a jewelry box to find items mixed together, tarnished or broken. One may think that all jewelry boxes are the same; just made to hold the trinkets until a later time, but really they do so much more.
A superior women’s jewelry box encompasses multiple qualities that establish it’s worth. First and foremost is the material. Jewelry boxes made from heavy, sturdy woods such as oak, cherry, or mahogany can keep those precious items safe from weathering that can occur with temperatures too high, low or humid. They ward off incoming particles that are set out
Women, they say, are hard to please. And finding Christmas gifts for women have been an especially challenging feat for men. I’ve heard horror stories from male friends of how four hours of wandering around from shop to shop trying to find that one perfect gift for their lady love. But I say, finding the right gift for your woman is not rocket science. You just got to get some help from every woman’s best friend: jewelry. Read this list of the Top 10 Jewelry Gifts for Christmas 2008 for an idea or two.
- Amethyst Stud Earrings – This pair of emerald cut amethyst earrings framed in 14K Yellow Gold is sure to bring a simple elegance to your lady’s ensemble.
- Diamond Stud Earrings – Now if you’re going for a more classy look, you can never go wrong with diamonds. Two 0.47 carats of round diamonds nestled in a four-prong platinum frame are sure to add the sparkle and glitz that your lady deserves.
- Diamond Hoop Earrings – But if you’re looking for a versatile pair of earrings,
There is not a single woman in the world who doesn’t want to be stay stylish and charming. As to in which way to achieve this goal, different women have different ways. As a matter of fact, no matter how well you dress in your pants suit, jeans, blouse or even the attractive little black dress, one thing that you shall never miss is the jewelry which is also considered as an important accessory as part of fashion. Below are several jewelry fashion tips for women to keep in mind if you want to add more beauty.
What kind of necklaces that you should wear depends mostly on the neckline of the blouse or dress? They should match well and only in that way you can look charming wearing them. In order to go with the V-neck, you need a drop necklace with a charm on the end. The truth is different jewelries should be worn in different occasions. Wearing a precious CZ jewelry or crystal necklaces is suitable for formal and casual wear.
It is a common knowledge that if you wear bracelets, you ought to not to wear long shirts. Clothes with
If you’re looking for kids birthday gifts whether they are traditional or unique, they’re many pleasing gifts available. You’ll find the right one to make their special birthday a memorable occasion. It doesn’t take a lot to make them happy. If you are looking for a gift they’ll enjoy, here are a few tips on the best gifts that will be remembered for a lifetime.
- The number one favorite kids enjoy is an exciting birthday party with all of the trimmings. A traditional visitor would be a clown that does magic tricks and makes figures and animals out of balloons. Parents are also including a carnival type party that includes jungle gyms, space walks and a host of other activities.
- A gift that is most memorable to a child is their 1st bicycle or an upgraded new bicycle. Starting from a very young age up to pre-teen, this will be a hit, if it has all of the bells and whistles.
- Kids are fascinated with things you can drive. Toy cars, made in all sorts of themes, designs, and colors are a major attraction. This will be another sure hit for younger ages.
- When the kids progress in age, they
Let’s face it; most men don’t have a clue in how to match jewelry with their clothing. It’s not necessarily that men are clueless when it comes to fashion; it’s just that most guys are interested in other things. With this year’s college football season starting this weekend, you’re more apt to be spending the next four-to-five months watching sports rather than deciding what piece of jewelry looks best with your new fall shirt. While you may find it difficult in knowing which accessories complement which outfits, don’t give up yet on your quest to look your best. The following ten steps will help you select the best pieces for any ensemble.
- When your matching jewelry to any outfit, it’s best to start with the outfit first. Decide on what you’re wearing and then start from there. Remember, jewelry was designed to complement an outfit, not be the main feature.
- If you’re wearing a dark colored shirt such as black, blue or gray, you will want to wear a silver necklace. A stylus or ball chain with a silver or pewter pendant is a perfect choice for an accessory. If light colored shirts such as white or a
If you’re lost most people you have jewelry that you have either purchased for yourself or that was given as a gift to you. One of the things that is not done often enough is cleaning your jewelry. Cleaning your jewelry such as rings, watches and even earrings can really help renew the freshness of the jewelry by allowing the piece to shine and bringing the attraction you desired or help providing the new feeling you had when purchased the jewelry to begin with. You should take care when cleaning different types of jewelry each type of metal or jewel needs its own special care. Therefore, if you have jewelry that has a stone, gold or silver you need to approach cleaning differently than just scrubbing away at the piece and drying it.
The first tip for cleaning jewelry is to sit at a table or desk with the cleaning solution and rinse in separate bowls. We are just setting up the area to clean and we do not want to clean over a sink where the object we are cleaning could fall down the drain requiring us to dismantle the plumbing and drain trap to try
When you really want to capture attention, it often isn’t enough to wear a nice button down shirt and jeans. While some accessories are practical, like a belt to hold up your pants that otherwise would slide off your behind, some are purely for style, like rings or ties.
- Ties: Ties first came into style when Serbian mercenaries fighting for the French wore knotted kerchiefs. Parisians saw them and went mad. Neck fabrics haven’t gone out of style since. Originally, just touching a man’s knot was reason for a duel. Silk or wool ties remain popular, and a proper knot can add a lot of fashion sense to your outfit’s statement.
- Pocket Square: Carrying a clean pocket square is fashionable and useful. Removing dirt from your hands, or anywhere else you need, is much easier than carrying around hand sanitizer in your blazer. And that touch of color can complement your overall appearance.
- Cuff links: A modern pair of cuff links is an important investment. They keep you looking stylish and dressy.
- Briefcase: A fine bag big enough to carry a laptop will do you wonders when it comes to meeting business colleagues. You will be able to hold and
Nearly all women possess their own personal style sensibility and gravitate towards accessories of a specific style, whereas some just like a little bit of everything. Take some efforts to find out exactly what they want. If you can’t take peek at her jewelry box or perhaps haven’t notice enlist the assistance of a closest friend or close relative.
If you’d like to look stylish, wear only massive original jewelry. Big gemstone necklace and pendants, decorated with more unusual materials: feathers, leather and wood will attract attention and reveal your good taste. Fashion designers offer us to choose big bright jewelry and combine unusual materials and textures. This year they are really diverse and numerous. Obviously, jewelry produced from classic precious metals, such as gold, silver and platinum are normally popular.
As beautiful and attractive as it is, do you know how to choose it when you are shopping at jewelry shops? Searching for gold pieces takes greater than picking what you look for from jewelry for sale and after that offering your credit card to the sales assistant. Once you learn some things concerning the material that you’d like to purchase, including its purity, its
So your not one of those fabulous actresses or models who has the luxury of the finest gems and diamonds being loaned to them by the likes of Harry Wintson. No matter, you can add a little sparkle and look extra-ordinaire in your gown on your wedding day. Here’s some helpful tips on how to shine on your most important day!
Faking It is Fine! It doesn’t matter if you cannot afford to adorn yourself in diamonds and pearls. The quality of Faux diamonds, gems, and pearls is amazing.
Gone are the days were anyone could tell real from fake. Only your gemologist will know real from fake. You can sparkle like a million dollar babe and you won’t break the bank.
The best way to choose earrings is to try them with your gown. The best styled earring will depend on the neckline of your gown, the type of necklace you are wearing, and how you will be wearing your hair. You want your earrings to be seen but you do not want them to be overpowering.
Drop earrings or short dangle earrings work well and pearls or diamonds [real or fake] add
You may own one or several pieces of jewelry. Most of them were probably given to you, either handed down from generation to generation, or as gifts from your partner. Nevertheless, you’re fortunate enough to have some sort of collection. However, if you’re thinking of buying one for yourself or as gift for another person, then you have your work cut out for you. With the number of jewelry stores in your area and online, the search could be pretty daunting. So the first important thing you need to do is to find the best jewelry store.
There are many types of jewelry stores. There are the designer jewelers like Cartier and Tiffany & Co., chain stores that are usually found in shopping centers and malls, independent merchants who offer more unique and classic but understandably more expensive pieces, and the online retailers who are, of course, found online. Given these different types of jewelry stores, your preference of store may be affected by several factors:
- type of jewelry
• history, referrals, or recommendations
• free time
• budget or price range
• distance or proximity
• level of security
Are you looking for affordable jewelry? If so, you may find luck at Craigslist.org. Lots of jewelry owners use this classified website to sell their watches, bracelets, necklaces, earnings, pendants, and more. But wait! What should you keep in mind when browsing the website for cheap jewelry?
It is best to deal with local buyers. On Craigslist, it is possible to arrange shipping for your items and most people do this with small things. You may think it is easier to pay an extra $3 for shipping than drive an hour to pickup a bracelet. You can do this, but it isn’t recommended with expensive items. If you end up doing business with a scammer, he or she may cash your check or money order and then not send the bracelet.
Just because it comes with a hefty price tag, doesn’t make it unique or worth it. On Craigslist, you will always find sellers who inflate their prices. Many do this because they don’t take the time to research the used value of what they are selling, but others do it just to make money. It seems as if many of us have been trained to